.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Frank

Viki
Friday, August 12, 2005
 
Beware Jerk-O-Meter
From the article:
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology are developing software for cell phones that would analyze speech patterns and voice tones to rate people -- on a scale of 0 to 100 percent -- on how engaged they are in a conversation.

Anmol Madan, who led the project while he pursued a master's degree at MIT, sees the Jerk-O-Meter as a tool for improving relationships, not ending them. Or it might assist telephone sales and marketing efforts.

Yeah... this is some evil shit.

Thanks Kamran!
Comments:
I don't need no stinking jerk-o-meter. I can tell when someone's not paying attention to me. And then I slap them.

Stupid invention.
 
Yeah, and I'm sure the world will really appreciate it's uses for "telephone sales and marketing efforts."

Telemarketer: ..so, sir, how does the deal sound to you?

Me: Huh? Oh, uh, I dunno.

Telemarketer: Sir, my jerk-o-meter reading shows that you aren't paying proper attention to this phone conversation. You do realize that, by law, I can now send a S.W.A.T. team over to your house.

Me: Ah, um...

[Sounds of breaking glass; rifle fire.]
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger