.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Frank

Viki
Friday, January 21, 2005
 
Dimed Out
Eris bless you, Mark Dery, destroyer of the hipocracy that is "Not One More Dime Day" and liberal ass-growers everywhere.
First, the whole business reeks of bobo sanctimony and cultural elitism. Any member of the Adbusters-reading, Supersize Me-watching leisure class who honestly believes she can Stick It to the Man by keeping her dimes firmly in her hand-knitted Guatemalan rucksack, right beside her manically underlined copy of Chomsky's Hegemony or Survival: America's Quest for Global Dominance, is unlikely to be seen rolling a 55-gallon drum of Miracle Whip out of Wal-Mart or rejoicing in fried offal at the local McDonald's. The NOMDD demographic consists largely, if not entirely, of inconspicuous consumers.

o/` Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right... o/`

Link [bb]
Comments:
Frank,
You know what's worse than drunk-dialing or drunk e-mailing? It's drunk blog posting, or even worse, drunk commenting on other people's blog postings. I just wrote and then deleted the most ridiculous collection of words. When I've had a few, I find myself becoming a hard core Republican. It scares me. I'll respond to this again tomorrow, hungover, or I'll post it on my own blog and comment. I'm going to miss seeing you and hearing from you on Wednesday morning, Frank! Be prepared to continue hearing from me!
Viki
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger