.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Frank

Viki
Thursday, July 27, 2006
 
Why does Firefox suck so bad?
I'm required to use Java for an internal application at work, and I will not touch IE under any circumstances, so I'm stuck with the terrible combination of Firefox and Java.

Do you already know what I'm talking about? Have you seen the problem over and over again?

Something is leaky in the combination of the two. After about an hour of usage, Firefox suddenly begins experiencing massive performance losses, and my Java app stops responding altogether. I close Firefox, but when I go to restart it, I get a message box saying, "You already have an instance of Firefox running." WTF. So I give the three-finger salute and sure enough there is an instance of Firefox, occupying anywhere between 50-90 MB of memory, sitting on its thumb and doing nothing.

I have tried searching for other reports of the problem, but googling for "Firefox sucks", "Firefox leaks memory like a bitch", or "Firefox + Jav = teh crap0rz" has yielded nothing. I can find no documentation about this issue--either reports or solutions--whatsoever, even though I know it must happen quite a bit out in the real world since it happens consistantly on my three very VERY different platforms.

WTF! Firefox, I love you. Do not force me into the arms of fat, bloated Netscape. Do not make me attempt to love the ivory tower of Opera. Do your job, do it well, and learn to get along with the other kids in the neighborhood! You are moments away from being sat down for a time-out. I'm begging you.
Comments:
Hey! I don't even know what the hell you're talking about, but I know I get that stupid lock-up, close down, can't open because there's another instance of firefox open crapola all the time.

It makes me so MAD.
 
I have Firefox open for long periods every day, and it always locks on me -- I can't open new tabs, I can't type in my google toolbar, and I can't type emails, either. WTF. I'm with you - IT IS MADDENING. What is taking so long to fix with them??
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger