.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Frank

Viki
Saturday, October 15, 2005
 
Soldiers of the Hidden Imam
A great article on the differences between the public Iran, where kowtowing to the Ayatollah and religious fascism is mandatory, and the private Iran, where, according to the author:
I also got a taste of life behind the high garden walls of the houses of the middle and upper class, where the hijab immediately comes off and opinions are scathingly contemptuous of the aging revolutionary Islamic zeal of the country's new president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Within minutes of my arrival at one such house, bikini-clad women were teasingly inviting me to come naked into the swimming pool, while the men offered me a drink from a bottle marked "Ethanol 98% proof."

Is it just me, or does Iran sound like Kansas?
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger