.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Frank

Viki
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
 
NBC5.com - News - Local Art Exhibit Gets Visit From Secret Service
NBC5.com - News - Local Art Exhibit Gets Visit From Secret Service

This relates to Frank's earlier post today about the visit by the Secret Service to an exhibit at Columbia College, where I am a student (and where I met our esteemed leader).

Just for fun, I voted in the little survey off to the side: "The US Secret Service paid a visit to a Columbia College art show that included a mock US stamp showing Pres. GW Bush with a gun to his head. Did the Secret Service overreact?"

I voted YES, of course, and I'm trying to figure out why I was shocked when the results popped up (at 10:37 p.m Central time): 36% agreed with me. 64% said no.

It would totally ruin the layout of this post for me to post WTF???? big enough to accurately portray what I am feeling at this moment.

I know I shouldn't be shocked that 64% of the people viewing the NBC 5 website would think it is not an overreaction on the part of the Secret Service. I really know I shouldn't.

But I still am.

I don't want to be a freaked-out, conspiracy-theorist artist. I REALLY REALLY don't want to be. But, what the hell is this country heading towards?

FUCK.
Comments:
They should have an accompanying poll right next to that poll: Would you be willing to voluntarily submit a sample of your DNA to be added to a nationwide database? Isn't that the end result of all of this?
 
No shit.

The problem is, that people who think the Secret Service didn't overreact also don't think the government would interfere with THEIR life, only the lives of OTHER people.

That's because they're FUCKED UP.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger