.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Frank

Viki
Friday, April 01, 2005
 
My vi kung-fu is faster than your anything
So I'm working on an intense programming project for the first time in a few years, and I can tell that I'm hip-deep in code because every text interface I encounter, from the textarea that I'm typing this entry in, to MSWord, I'm using vi hotkeys and shortcuts. From v ctl-L y, to :%s/teacher/faculty/gc. It is a crime, yes a crime, that every interface doesn't come standard with vi. There has never been a finer interface for every kind of text environment ever--including expository writing. Please, write your congressman with an email subject of, "Why aren't you helping millions of people better themselves through the mandated use of the vi command set?
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger