.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Frank

Viki
Saturday, April 16, 2005
 
30 Quarts of Beer pt 2
Today we went out and bought jars. Lots and lots of jars. We bought this many jars:



Well, actually, that's only half of what we got. We ended up getting 16 jars total: 8 were quart jars, 8 were half-quart jars.

The original plan was to brew up 30 quarts of beer, however that has deviated a bit; the reason being: that's a lot of fucking beer brewing. And those quart jars weren't cheap, either. Being stuck in Chicagoland, we basically had to purchase them new from some yuppie container store and ended up paying about $4 each for them. God, what I would've given to be back in Indiana doing this! I could just call an aunt or something and she'd be like, "Come over, I have as many as you need."

Well, I'm not in Indiana, so I got shilled, but that's not the reason that I backed off of 30 quarts. I'll spend the dough, believe me. The reason is that I couldn't remember my math. I've been having these crushing migraine headaches for about the last two weeks, and when we were in the store today, the math just wasn't adding up in my head: how much malt we bought, how many coffemakers we were goin to have, the total output of each coffee pot, quarts to liters, and fancy, decorative glasses in the store EVERYWHERE. So I just kind of overloaded and erred on the side of caution. Rachel and KJ agree that this was the best idea, as exemplified in this photo:


...or maybe there's a little dubious consideration of the whole scheme in there...

And I forgot the rest of my shopping list, so I rounded everything out with some beautifully-decorated collins glasses and a couple of fancy highball glasses.

So, tomorrow, I have to go out and get:

Yar. We're really into it now. Whoever you are, wish us luck!
Comments:
ya goof-I live in the damn burbs-could have gone to flippin WalMart for the jars!

At least the beer will look fancy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger