.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Frank

Viki
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
 
Sarah McLachlan - World On Fire
Sarah McLachlan - World On Fire

I'm sure many of you might have seen this before. I was lead to it by a post on some stray message board that was posted last October. I'm not the hugest Sarah McLachlan fan on the planet, although this is a great song.

I admire what Sarah has done here to call attention to the vast amounts of money that are spent on entertainment that could do so much good to help those less fortunate.

Of course, I am leaving unsaid many, many things about the pros of capitalism and consumption, only one of which is that if Sarah hadn't spent a lot of money on creating and producing her music to begin with, along with tours (Lilith, anyone?), other videos, selling songs to Disney for use in soundtracks (didn't she get grammy nominated for Toy Story 2?), etc, she probably wouldn't have been able to afford to do this.

I apologize for my cynicism. Ah, fuck it. No I don't.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger