.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Frank

Viki
Tuesday, November 30, 2004
 
I did it
I broke 50,000 words in 30 days. I did it. I won nano.

What the fuck do I do now???

Holy shit. Yes, I'm tripping. I won. I fucking won. I won. It just keeps going around in my head. I won. I won.

This is the third year that I've done nano. Year one I reached about 8K words before I crapped out. Year two I got up to almost half, 22K words, and then had to call Peaches and get really drunk to celebrate my failure as a writer.

This year--this year, I not only won, but wrote a good number of Episodes that I was really happy with. In fact, I'd say almost all of them (except for the last one, Episode 21, which is total shite), I'm pretty happy with as first drafts. Some of them I'd have to completely overhaul to keep for the novel (e.g. Episode 1), and some are just rants that I would pull out (e.g. Episode 3), but that sill leaves me with about 70-80% decent material to work with.

Holy shit. I won.

I'd like to thank the following people: Peaches, for support; KJ, for being such a good reader; Charlotte, for giving me harsh criticism when I didn't think I needed it; Al, for providing inspiration; and all the other readers and contributors. I'd also like to thank The Cunning Linguist for guest blogging on Daily Traversal.

Holy shit. I won.
Comments:
neither! I'm still waiting for that celebratory blow job...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger