.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Frank

Viki
Friday, August 27, 2004
 
Firefox part 3
I gotta say, I'm becoming quite enamored with Firefox. I'm at my roommate's computer, farting around today on IE, and I'm hating it. Let me tell you why, and let this be a lesson to all browser manufacturers everywhere.

1. There are banner ads. I don't see banner ads in Firefox because I installed the Adblock extension and found some dope filters, and the whole thing took me about five minutes to do.

2. There are no popup ads. Firefox is extremely good about blocking popups (better than Google toolbar, that's for sure).

3. I miss mouse gestures!

4. Tabbed browsing, although I didn't want to like it, is far more efficient for me to use than the Back and Forward buttons. Feature request: hierarchical tabbed browsing, so I can create trees instead of paths.

But mostly it's the total lack of popups and banner ads.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger