.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Frank

Viki
Monday, July 26, 2004
 
Audio Books via Telltale Weekly
BoingBoing has been running excellent coverage about Telltale Weekly, a source for audio recordings of books in the public domain or CC'd. They accept small payments--between .75 and 3.00 per recording--via paypal.

They're also looking for contributors, and I sent off an email to offer my services. Their contributor guidelines is currently undergoing an overhaul, so not much info on the site. I'm curious to see how much they pay the performers.

The pieces that I'm considering are: "The Dancing Men," a Sherlock Holmes mystery, "The Communist Manifesto," by you-know-who, and possibly some FDR or Thomas Jefferson speeches. I like reading things that are full of either ominous portends (e.g. Marx) or political vigor.

At some point, I may offer up my own stuff to be read. I have a few pieces that work quite well as performance, but I think I would like to contribute a few historical pieces before satisfying my own authorly ego.

Anyways, go visit them and spend a buck on a book.
Comments:
Issy's favorite sherlock holmes':

Adventure of the Solitary Cyclist
Adventure of the Speckled Band
 
one more...

Adventure of the Cardboard Box
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger