.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Frank

Viki
Wednesday, June 23, 2004
 
The Hotdog Taco
So, I was hungry, and instead of taking off for work early to get a bite of lunch on the way (and wasting $10 downtown), I decided to rummage throughout the kitchen to find what was there. I remembered we had a pack of hotdogs in the fridge--rare, because my roommate and I never buy hotdogs--and I thought, hmm, if we have some bread, I can create a tasty hotdog in about two minutes. FYI, I am also very lazy when it comes to cooking and will unfailingly take the easiest route to food.

I opened the fridge, but there was no bread nor buns to be had in the mostly empty and lightless confines of the fridge. Drat, I thought, but proceeded to begin the microwave process for the hotdogs nonetheless. Slit down the middle so they don't explode, and, hey, what's this? Some gouda cheese! Excellent. But even better, hidden below the gouda, was a bag full of fresh taco tortillas.

Dare I, I thought, mix the all-Americana staple of the hotdog with the south-of-the-border flavor of the tortilla? With gouda cheese?

Hell yes!

The gouda was sliced thinly and spread across the tortillas, which then went into the toaster oven. The hotdogs were placed onto a small plate and shoved into the microwave for sixty seconds of irradiation.

Now the big question: what type of condiment do I put on a hotdog taco? Relish or salsa? Tough choice! I debated this for a moment while rummaging around in my pantry for perhaps a side dish, when my eyes passed over a can of vegetarian chili. Bomb! I would have vegetarian chili dog tacos. It was perfect beyond belief.

I took the hotdogs out of the microwave, poured the chili into a bowl, and began its process of de-lukewarm-ization. Man, there sure is a lot of chili in a 12-oz can, moreso than soup, it seems, because chili has a much lower percentage of water. It's like soupy dog food, flavored with TVP and kidney beans. Yum yum.

So I decided to just eat the bowl of chili on the side. And, what the hell, I slathered those hotdog tacos in relish as well.

De-licious.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger